1. Adav, S.S., D.-J. Lee and J.-Y. Lai, 2009. Treating chemical industries influent using aerobic granular sludge: recent development. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 40(3): 333-336.
2. Aivalioti, M., D. Pothoulaki, P. Papoulias and E. Gidarakos, 2012. Removal of BTEX, MTBE and TAME from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto raw and thermally treated lignite. Journal of hazardous materials, 207: 136-146.
3. Aivalioti, M., P. Papoulias, A. Kousaiti and E. Gidarakos, 2012. Adsorption of BTEX, MTBE and TAME on natural and modified diatomite. Journal of hazardous materials, 207: 117-127.
4. APHA, A., WEF (American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association & Water Environment Federation) 1995. Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater, 19.
5. Babuponnusami, A. and K. Muthukumar, 2014. A review on Fenton and improvements to the Fenton process for wastewater treatment. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 2(1): 557-572.
6. Baloch, M., J.C. Akunna, M. Kierans and P.J. Collier, 2008. Structural analysis of anaerobic granules in a phase separated reactor by electron microscopy. Bioresource technology, 99(5): 922-929.
7. Bao, R., S. Yu, W. Shi, X. Zhang and Y. Wang, 2009. Aerobic granules formation and nutrients removal characteristics in sequencing batch airlift reactor (SBAR) at low temperature. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 168(2): 1334-1340.
8. Baus, C., M. Sona and H.-J. Brauch, 2007. Ozonation and combined ozone/H2O2, UV/ozone and UV/H2O2 for treatment of fuel oxygenates MTBE, ETBE, TAME, and DIPE from water–a comparison of removal efficiencies. Water science and technology, 55(12): 307-311.
9. Beun, J., A. Hendriks, M. Van Loosdrecht, E. Morgenroth, P. Wilderer and J. Heijnen, 1999. Aerobic granulation in a sequencing batch reactor. Water Research, 33(10): 2283-2290.
10. Deng, D., L. Peng, M. Guan and Y. Kang, 2014. Impact of activation methods on persulfate oxidation of methyl tert-butyl ether. Journal of hazardous materials, 264: 521-528.
11. Gogate, P.R. and A.B. Pandit, 2004. A review of imperative technologies for wastewater treatment I: oxidation technologies at ambient conditions. Advances in Environmental Research, 8(3): 501-551.
12. Hwang, S., S.G. Huling and S. Ko, 2010. Fenton-like degradation of MTBE: Effects of iron counter anion and radical scavengers. Chemosphere, 78(5): 563-568.
13. Levchuk, I., A. Bhatnagar and M. Sillanpää, 2014. Overview of technologies for removal of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) from water. Science of The Total Environment, 476: 415-433.
14. Kedir, A.J., B. Tawabini, A. Al-Shaibani and A.A. Bukhari, 2016. Treatment of water contaminated with methyl tertiary butyl ether using UV/chlorine advanced oxidation process. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57(42): 19939-19945.
15. Keller, A.A., O.C. Sandall, R.G. Rinker, M.M. Mitani, B. Bierwagen and M.J. Snodgrass, 1998. Cost and performance evaluation of treatment technologies for MTBE-contaminated water. UC TSR&TP Report to the Governor of California.
16. Li, Z., T. Zhang, N. Li and X. Wang, 2010. Granulation of filamentous microorganisms in a sequencing batch reactor with saline wastewater. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 22(1): 62-67.
17. Li, W., Y. Wang and A. Irini, 2014. Effect of pH and H 2 O 2 dosage on catechol oxidation in nano-Fe 3 O 4 catalyzing UV–Fenton and identification of reactive oxygen species. Chemical Engineering Journal, 244: 1-8.
18. Liu, P., Z. Xu, X. Ma, Z. Peng, M. Xiao and Y. Sui, 2016. Removal of Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether via ZnO-AgCl Nanocomposite Photocatalyst. Materials Research, (AHEAD): 0-0.
19. Maszenan, A., Y. Liu and W.J. Ng, 2011. Bioremediation of wastewaters with recalcitrant organic compounds and metals by aerobic granules. Biotechnology Advances, 29(1): 111-123.
20. Mehrjouei, M., S. Müller and D. Möller, 2014. Catalytic and photocatalytic ozonation of tert-butyl alcohol in water by means of falling film reactor: Kinetic and cost–effectiveness study. Chemical Engineering Journal, 248: 184-190.
21. Mohebali, S., 2013. Degradation of methyl t-butyl ether (MTBE) by photochemical process in nanocrystalline TiO 2 slurry: mechanism, by-products and carbonate ion effect. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 1(4): 1070-1078.
22. Muda, K., A. Aris, M.R. Salim, Z. Ibrahim, A. Yahya, M.C. van Loosdrecht, A. Ahmad and M.Z. Nawahwi, 2010. Development of granular sludge for textile wastewater treatment. water research, 44(15): 4341-4350.
23. Wu, T.-N., T.-C. Pan and L.-C. Chen, 2012. Electrophotocatalysis of aqueous methyl tert-butyl ether on a titanium dioxide coated electrode. Electrochimica Acta, 86: 170-176.
24. Gonzalez-Olmos, R., U. Roland, H. Toufar, F.-D. Kopinke and A. Georgi, 2009. Fe-zeolites as catalysts for chemical oxidation of MTBE in water with H 2 O 2. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 89(3): 356-364.
25. Kong, Q., J. Zhang, H.H. Ngo, S. Ni, R. Fu, W. Guo, N. Guo and L. Tian, 2013. Nitrous oxide emission in an aerobic granulation sequencing batch airlift reactor at ambient temperatures. International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation, 85: 533-538.
26. Redding, A.M. and F.S. Cannon, 2014. The role of mesopores in MTBE removal with granular activated carbon. Water research, 56: 214-224.
27. Safari, M., M. Nikazar and M. Dadvar, 2013. Photocatalytic degradation of methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) by Fe-TiO 2 nanoparticles. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 19(5): 1697-1702.
28. Rezaei, L.S., B. Ayati and H. Ganjidoust, 2012. Cultivation of aerobic granules in a novel configuration of sequencing batch airlift reactor. Environmental technology, 33(20): 2273-2280.
29. Taheri, E., M.H. Khiadani, M.M. Amin, M. Nikaeen and A. Hassanzadeh, 2012. Treatment of saline wastewater by a sequencing batch reactor with emphasis on aerobic granule formation. Bioresource technology, 111: 21-26.
30. Thanh, B.X., Aerobic Granulation Coupled Membrane Bioreactor, 2005, Asian Institute of Technology.
31. Di Bella, G. and M. Torregrossa, 2013. Simultaneous nitrogen and organic carbon removal in aerobic granular sludge reactors operated with high dissolved oxygen concentration. Bioresource technology, 142: 706-713.
32. Xia, S., J. Li, R. Wang, J. Li and Z. Zhang, 2010. Tracking composition and dynamics of nitrification and denitrification microbial community in a biofilm reactor by PCR-DGGE and combining FISH with flow cytometry. Biochemical Engineering Journal, 49(3): 370-378.
33. Zadaka-Amir, D., A. Nasser, S. Nir and Y.G. Mishael, 2012. Removal of methyl tertiary-butyl ether (MTBE) from water by polymer–zeolite composites. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 151: 216-222.
34. Seddigi, Z.S., A. Bumajdad, S.P. Ansari, S.A. Ahmed, E.Y. Danish, N.H. Yarkandi and S. Ahmed, 2014. Preparation and characterization of Pd doped ceria–ZnO nanocomposite catalyst for methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) photodegradation. Journal of hazardous materials, 264: 71-78.