1. Santhosh, C., V. Velmurugan, G. Jacob, S.K. Jeong, A.N. Grace and A. Bhatnagar, 2016. Role of nanomaterials in water treatment applications: A review. Chemical Engineering Journal, 306: pp. 1116-1137.
2. Singh, H., G. Chauhan, A.K. Jain and S.K. Sharma, 2017. Adsorptive potential of agricultural wastes for removal of dyes from aqueous solutions. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 5(1): pp. 122-135.
3. Rafatullah, M., O. Sulaiman, R. Hashim and A. Ahmad, 2010. Adsorption of methylene blue on low-cost adsorbents: A review. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 177(1–3): pp. 70-80.
4. Ahmed, A., S.H. Mohd-Setapar, C.S. Chuon, A. Khatoon, W.A. Wani, R. Kumar and M. Rafatullah, 2015. Recent advances in new generation dye removal technologies: noval search for approaches to repocess wastewater. RSC Advances, 5: pp. 30801-30818.
5. Tan, K.B., M. Vakili, B.A. Horri, P.E. Poh, A.Z. Abdullah and B. Salamatinia, 2015. Adsorption of dyes by nanomaterials: Recent developments and application mechanisms. Separation and Purification Technology 150: pp. 229-242.
6. Moeinpour, F., A. Alimoradi and M. Kazemi, 2014. Efficient removal of Eriochrome black-T from aqueous solution using NiFe2O4 magnetic nanoparticles. Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering, 12(1): pp. 112.
7. Mahto, T.K., A.R. Chowdhuri and S.K. Sahu, 2014. Polyaniline‐functionalized magnetic nanoparticles for the removal of toxic dye from wastewater. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131(19).
8. Dawood, S., T.K. Sen and C. Phan, 2014. Synthesis and characterisation of novel-activated carbon from waste biomass pine cone and its application in the removal of congo red dye from aqueous solution by adsorption. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, 225(1): pp. 1818.
9. Kefeni, K.K., B.B. Mamba and T.A.M. Msagati, 2017. Application of spinel ferrite nanoparticles in water and wastewater treatment: A review. Separation and Purification Technology, 188: 399-422.
10. Reddy, D.H.K. and Y.-S. Yun, 2016. Spinel ferrite magnetic adsorbents: alternative future materials for water purification? Coordination Chemistry Reviews, 315: pp. 90-111.
11. Mehta, D., S. Mazumdar and S.K. Singh, 2015. Magnetic adsorbents for the treatment of water/wastewater—A review. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 7: pp. 244-265.
12. Gomez-Pastora, J., E. Bringas and I. Ortiz, 2014. Recent progress and future challenges of high performance magnetic nano-adsorbent in environmental applications. Chemical Engineering Journal, 256: 187-204.
13. Hou, X., J. Feng, X. Liu, Y. Ren, Z. Fan, T. Wei, J. Meng and M. Zhang, 2011. Synthesis of 3D porous ferromagnetic NiFe2O4 and using as novel adsorbent to treat wastewater. Journal of colloid and interface science, 362(2): pp. 477-485.
14. Hou, X., J. Feng, Y. Ren, Z. Fan and M. Zhang, 2010. Synthesis and adsorption properties of spongelike porous MnFe2O4. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 363(1): 1-7.
15. Hou, X., J. Feng, X. Liu, Y. Ren, Z. Fan and M. Zhang, 2011. Magnetic and high rate adsorption properties of porous Mn1−xZnxFe2O4 (0⩽ x⩽ 0.8) adsorbents. Journal of colloid and interface science, 353(2): pp. 524-529.
16. Wang, R., J. Yu and Q. Hao, 2018. Activated carbon/Mn0.6Zn0.4Fe2O4 composites: Facile synthesis, magnetic performance and their potential application for the removal of methylene blue from water. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 132: pp. 215-225.
17. Bach, L.G., T.V. Tran, T.D. Nguyen, T.V. Pham and S.T. Do, 2018. Enhanced adsorption of methylene blue onto graphene oxide-doped XFe2O4 (X = Co, Mn, Ni) nanocomposites: kinetic, isothermal, thermodynamic and recyclability studies. Research on Chemical Intermediates, 44: pp. 1661-1687.
18. Zhang, L., J. Lian, L. Wang, J. Jiang, Z. Duan and L. Zhao, 2014. Markedly enhanced coercive field and Congo red adsorption capability of cobalt ferrite induced by the doping of non-magnetic metal ions. Chemical Engineering Journal (2014), pp. 241: 384–392.
19. Farooq, S., A. Saeed, M. Sharif, J. Hussain, F. Mabood and M. Iftekhar, 2017. Process optimization studies of crystal violet dye adsorption onto noval, mixed metal Ni0.5Co0.5Fe2O4 ferrospinel nanoparticles using factorial design. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 16: 132-141.
20. Zhao, X., W. Wang, Y. Zhang, S. Wu, F. Li and J.P. Liu, 2014. Synthesis and characterization of gadolinium doped cobalt ferrite nanoparticles with enhanced adsorption capability for Congo Red. Chemical Engineering Journal, 250: 164–174.
21. Wu, X., Z. Ding, N. Song, L. Li and W. Wang, 2016. Effect of the rare-earth substitution on the structural, magnetic and adsorption properties in cobalt ferrite nanoparticles. Ceramics International, 42: 4246-4255.
22. Mohamed, M.B., A.M. Wahba and M. Yehia, 2014. Structural and magnetic properties of CoFe2−xMoxO4 nanocrystalline ferrites. Materials Science and Engineering B, 190: 52-58.
23. Ling, Y., J. Yu, B. lin, X. Zhang, L. Zhao and X. Liu, 2011. A cobalt-free Sm0.5Sr0.5Fe0.8Cu0.2O3-δ-Ce0.8Sm0.2O2-δ composite cathode for proton-conducting solid oxide fuel cells. Journal of Power Sources 196: 2631-2634.
24. Fu, Y.-P., S.-H. Chen and J.-J. Huang, 2010. Preparation and characterization of Ce0.8M0.2O2-δ (M = Y, Gd,Sm, Nd, La) solid electrolyte materials for solid oxide fuel cells. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 35: 745-752.
25. Kosmulski, M., (2009). pH-dependent surface charging and points of zero charge. IV. Update and new approach. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 337(2): 439-448.
26. Tran, H.N., Y.-F. Wang, S.-J. You and H.-P. Chao, 2017. Insights into the mechanism of cationic dye adsorption on activated charcoal: The importance of π–π interactions. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 107: 168-180.
27. Konicki, W., D. Sibera, E. Mijowska, Z. Lendzion-Bieluń and U. Narkiewicz, 2013. Equilibrium and kinetic studies on acid dye Acid Red 88 adsorption by magnetic ZnFe2O4 spinel ferrite nanoparticles. Journal of colloid and interface science, 398: 152-160.
28. Lagergren, S., 1898. About the Theory of so-called Adsorption of Soluble Substances. Kungliga Sevenska Vetenskapasakademiens Handlingar, 24: 1-39.
29. Ho, Y.S. and G. McKay, 1999. Pseudo-second order model for sorption processes. Process Biochemistry, 34: 451-465.
30. Tran, H.N., S.-J. You, A. Hosseini-Bandegharaei and H.-P. Chao, 2017. Mistakes and inconsistencies regarding adsorption of contaminants from aqueous solutions: A critical review. Water Research, 120: 88-116.
31. Langmuir, I., 1916. The constitution and fundamental properties of solids and liquids. Part I. Solids. . The Journal of the American Chemical Society, 38: pp. 2221-2295.
32. Freundlich, H.M.F., 1906. Over the adsorption in solution. The Journal of Physical Chemistry, 57: 385-470.
33. Bonetto, L.R., F. Ferrarini, C.D. Marco, J.S. Crespo, R. Guégan and M. Giovanela, 2015. Removal of methyl violet 2B dye from aqueous solution using a magnetic composite as an adsorbent. Journal of Water Process Engineering, 6: pp. 11-20.
34. Stoia, M. and C. Muntean, 2015. Preparation, Characterization and Adsorption Properties of MFe2O4 (M = Ni, Co, Cu) Nanopowers. Environmental Engineering and Managment Journal, 14(6): 1247-1259.
35. Wang, W., Z. Ding, M. Cai, H. Jian, Z. Zeng, F. Li and J.P. Liu, 2015. Synthesis and high-efficiency methylene blue adsorption of magnetic PAA/MnFe2O4 nanocomposites. Applied Surface Science, 346: pp. 348-353.
36. Zayed, M.F., W.H. Eisa and B. Anis, 2016. Removal of methylene blue using Phoenix dactylifera/PVA composite; an eco-friendly adsorbent. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57(40): 18861-18867.
37. Al-Anber, Z.A., M.A. Al-Anber, M. Matouq, O. Al-Ayed and N.M. Omari, 2011. Defatted Jojoba for the removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution: Thermodynamic and kinetic studies. Desalination, 276(1–3): 169-174.
38. Erol, K., K. Köse, D.A. Köse, Ü. Sızır, İ. Tosun Satır and L. Uzun, 2016. Adsorption of Victoria Blue R (VBR) dye on magnetic microparticles containing Fe (II)–Co (II) double salt. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57(20): 9307-9317.
39. Mahida, V.P. and M.P. Patel, 2016. Removal of some most hazardous cationic dyes using novel poly (NIPAAm/AA/N-allylisatin) nanohydrogel. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 9(3): 430-442.
40. Chawla, S., H. Uppal, M. Yadav, N. Bahadur and N. Singh, 2017.
Zinc peroxide nanomaterial as an adsorbent for removal of Congo red dye from waste water. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 135: 68-74.
41. Abbas, M. and M. Trari, 2015. Kinetic, equilibrium and thermodynamic study on the removal of Congo Red from aqueous solutions by adsorption onto apricot stone. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 98: 424-436.
42. Deb, A., M. Kanmania, A. Debnath, K.L. Bhowmik and B. Saha, 2017. Preparation and characterization of magnetic CaFe2O4 nanoparticles for efficient adsorption of toxic Congo Red dye from aqueous solution: predictive modeling by artificial neural network. Desalination and Water Treatment, 89: 197–209.
43. Patil, M.R. and V. Shrivastava, 2016. Adsorptive removal of methylene blue from aqueous solution by polyaniline-nickel ferrite nanocomposite: a kinetic approach. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57(13): 5879-5887.
44. Farghali, A., M. Bahgat, W. El Rouby and M. Khedr, 2012. Decoration of MWCNTs with CoFe2O4 nanoparticles for methylene blue dye adsorption. Journal of solution chemistry, 41(12): 2209-2225.
45. Feng, J., Y. Wang, L. Zou, B. Li, X. He, Y. Ren, Y. Lv and Z. Fan, 2015. Synthesis of magnetic ZnO/ZnFe2O4 by a microwave combustion method, and its high rate of adsorption of methylene blue. Journal of colloid and interface science, 438: 318-322.
46. Wang, P., Q. Ma, D. Hu and L. Wang, 2016. Adsorption of methylene blue by a low-cost biosorbent: citric acid modified peanut shell. Desalination and Water Treatment, 57(22): 10261-10269.