1. Chojnacka, K., 2010. Biosorption and bioaccumulation–the prospects for practical applications.Environment International, 36: 299-307.
2. Wang, C.W, X. Hu, M.L. Chen, and Y.H Wu, 2005. Total concentrations and fractions of Cd, Cr, Pb, Cu, Ni and Zn in sewage sludge from municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants. Journal of hazardous materials, 119: 245-249.
3. Sancey, B.,T . Giuseppe, C. Jérémie, M. Jean-François, G. Sophie,B. Pierre-Marieand C. Grégorio, 2011. Heavy metal removal from industrial effluents by sorption on cross- linked starch: Chemical study and impact on water toxicity. Journal of environmental management, 92: 765-772.
4. Bhuiyan, M.A.H., N.I. Suruvi, S.V. Dampae, M.A. Islam, S.B. Quraishi, G. Samuel and S. Shigezuki,2011. Investigation of the possible sources of heavy metal contamination in lagoon and canal water in the tannery industrial area in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Environmental monitoring and assessment,.175:633-649.
5. Aziz, H.A., M.N. Adlan, and K.S. Ariffin, 2008. Heavy metals (Cd, Pb, Zn, Ni, Cu and Cr (III)) removal from water in Malaysia: Post treatment by high quality limestone. Bioresource Technology, 99: 1578-1583.
6. Krishna, A.K., M. Satyanarayanan, and P.K. Govil, 2009. Assessment of heavy metal pollution in water using multivariate statistical techniques in an industrial area: a case study from Patancheru, Medak District, Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of hazardous materials, 167: 366-373.
7. Krishna, A.K. and K.R. Mohan, 2014. Risk assessment of heavy metals and their source distribution in waters of a contaminated industrial site. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 21: 3653-3669.
8. Krishna, A.K. and K.R. Mohan, 2013. Metal contamination and their distribution in different grain size fractions of sediments in an industrial development area. Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology, 90: 170-175.
9. Lokhande, R., P. Singare, and D. Pimple, 2011. Quantification study of toxic heavy metals pollutants in sediment samples collected from Kasardi River flowing along the Taloja industrial area of Mumbai, India. New York Science Journal, 4: 66-71.
10. Jakimska, A., K. Piotr, S. Krzysztof, N. Jacek,2011. Bioaccumulation of metals in tissues of marine animals. Part I: The role and impact of heavy metals on organisms. Polish Journal of Environment Study,20: 1117-1125.
11. Machender, G., D. Ratnakar, S.T. Malikharjuna Rao, B. Mangaraja Rao and L. Prasanna, 2014. Heavy metal contamination in sediments of Balanagar industrial area, Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh, India. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 7: 513-525.
12. Wood, A.K.H., A. Zaharuddin, N.A. Shazili, Y. Rosnan and R. Carpenter,2004. Metal diagenesis and transport in coastal sediments around Penang Island, Malaysia. Journal of Nuclear and Related Technologies, 1: 1-24.
13. Karami, H., 2013.Heavy metal removal from water by magnetite nanorods. Chemical Engineering Journal, 219: 209-216.
14. Halim, A.A., H.A Aziz, M.A.M. Johari, K.S. Ariffin and M.N. Adlan,2010. Ammoniacal nitrogen and COD removal from semi-aerobic landfill leachate using a composite adsorbent: Fixed bed column adsorption performance. Journal of hazardous materials, 175: 960-964.
15. Ryan, S., P. McLoughlin, and O. O'Donovan, 2012. A comprehensive study of metal distribution in three main classes of seaweed. Environmental Pollution, 167: 171-177.
16. Murphy, V., S.A.M. Tofail, H. Hughes, and P. MacLouglin, 2009. A novel study of hexavalent chromium detoxification by selected seaweed species using SEM-EDX and XPS analysis. Chemical Engineering Journal, 148: 425-433.
17. Mehta, S. and J. Gaur, 2005. Use of algae for removing heavy metal ions from wastewater:progress and prospects. Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, 25: 113-152.
18. Marinho-Soriano, E., S.O. Nunes, M.A.A. Carniero, D.C. Periera,2009. Nutrients' removal from aquaculture wastewater using the macroalgae Gracilaria birdiae. Biomass & Bioenergy, 33: 327-331.
19. Flouty, R. and G. Estephane, 2012. Bioaccumulation and biosorption of copper and lead by a unicellular algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii in single and binary metal systems: A comparative study. Journal of environmental management, 111: 106-114.
20. USEPA, EPA Method Method 2007 Determination metals and trace elements in water and waste by inductivity coupled plasma -atomic emission spectrometry2007, US Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Monitoring and Support Laboratory.
21. Al-Shwafi, N.A. and A.I. Rushdi, 2008.Heavy metal concentrations in marine green, brown, and red seaweeds from coastal waters of Yemen, the Gulf of Aden. Environmental Geology, 55: 653-660.
22. Wang, Z., X. Wang, and C. Ke, 2014.Bioaccumulation of trace metals by the live macroalga Gracilaria lemaneiformis. Journal of Applied Phycology, 1-9.
23. Tüzün, I., G. Bayramog ̆lü, E. Yalc ̧ın, G. Bas ̧aran, G. C elik, M.Y. Arica, 2005.Equilibrium and kinetic studies on biosorption of Hg (II), Cd (II) and Pb (II) ions onto microalgae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Journal of Environmental Management, 77: 85-92.
24. Yuncu, B., F.D. Sanin, and U. Yetis, 2006. An investigation of heavy metal biosorption in relation to C/N ratio of activated sludge. Journal of hazardous materials, 137: 990-997.
25. Wang, J. and C. Chen, 2009. Biosorbents for heavy metals removal and their future. Biotechnology Advances, 27: 195-226.
26. Gadd, G.M., 2009.Biosorption: critical review of scientific rationale, environmental importance and significance for pollution treatment. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology, 84: 13-28.
27. DeBoer, J., C.L. Nutrient, and M. Wynne, The biology of seaweeds. 1981, by CS Lob ban and MJ Wynne (Blackwell Scientific, Oxford, 1981).