1. Vakili, M., M. Rafatullah, B. Salamatinia, A.Z. Abdullah, M.H. Ibrahim, K.B. Tan, Z. Gholami, P. Amouzgar, 2014. Application of chitosan and its derivatives as adsorbents for dye removal from water and wastewater: A review. Carbohydrate Polymers, 113: 115-130.
2. Vakili, M., M. Rafatullah, M.H. Ibrahim, A.Z. Abdullah, B.
Salamatinia and Z. Gholami, 2014. Oil Palm Biomass as an Adsorbent for Heavy Metals, in Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Springer, 232: 61-88.
3. Zwain, H.M., M. Vakili, I. Dahlan, 2014. Waste material adsorbents for zinc removal from wastewater: A comprehensive review. International Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2014: 1-13.
4. Vakili, M., M. Rafatullah, M.H. Ibrahim, A.Z. Abdullah, B. Salamatinia, Z. Gholami, 2016. Chitosan hydrogel beads impregnated with hexadecylamine for improved reactive blue 4 adsorption. Carbohydrate Polymers, 137: 139-146.
5. Vakili, M., M. Rafatullah, B. Salamatinia, M.H. Ibrahim, A.Z. Abdullah, 2015. Elimination of reactive blue 4 from aqueous solutions using 3-aminopropyl triethoxysilane modified chitosan beads. Carbohydrate Polymers, 132: 89-96.
6. Radnia, H., A.A. Ghoreyshi and H. Younesi, 2011. Isotherm and kinetics of Fe (II) adsorption onto chitosan in a batch process. Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment, 2: 250-257.
7. Alhwaige, A.A., T. Agag, H. Ishida and S. Qutubuddin, 2013. Biobased chitosan hybrid aerogels with superior adsorption: Role of graphene oxide in CO2 capture. Royal Science of Chemistry Advances, 3: 16011-16020.
8. Zhou, L., Z. Liu, J. Liu, Q. Huang, 2010. Adsorption of Hg (II) from aqueous solution by ethylenediamine-modified magnetic crosslinking chitosan microspheres. Desalination, 258: 41-47.
9. Mello, R.S., G.C. Bedendo, F. Nome, H.D. Fiedler, M.C. Laranjeira, 2006. Preparation of chitosan membranes for filtration and concentration of compounds under high pressure process. Polymer Bulletin, 56: 447-454.
10. Zhao, C., X. Liu, M. Nomizu and N. Nishi, 2004. Preparation of DNA-loaded polysulfone microspheres by liquid–liquid phase separation and its functional utilization. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 275: 470-476.
11. Zhao, F., B. Yu, Z. Yue, T. Wang, X. Wen, Z. Liu and C. Zhao, 2007. Preparation of porous chitosan gel beads for copper (II) ion adsorption. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 147: 67-73.
12. He, P., S.S. Davis and L. Illum, 1999. Chitosan microspheres prepared by spray drying. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 187: 53-65.
13. El-Hefian, E.A., E.S. Elgannoudi, A. Mainal and A.H. Yahaya, 2010. Characterization of chitosan in acetic acid: Rheological and thermal studies. Turkish Journal of Chemistry, 34: 47-56.
14. Guibal, E., E. Touraud and J. Roussy, 2005. Chitosan interactions with metal ions and dyes: dissolved-state vs. solid-state application. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 21: 913-920.
15. Morariu, S., C.-E. Brunchi and M. Bercea, 2012. The Behavior of Chitosan in Solvents with Different Ionic Strengths. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 51: 12959-12966.
16. Savitri, E., S.R. Juliastuti, A. Handaratri and A. Roesyadi, 2014. Degradation of chitosan by sonication in very-low- concentration acetic acid. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 110: 344-352.
17. Murray, C.A. and J.R. Dutcher, 2006. Effect of changes in relative humidity and temperature on ultrathin chitosan films. Biomacromolecules, 7: 3460-3465.