1. Ehrig, H.-J., 1983. Quality and quantity of sanitary landfill leachate. Waste Management & Research, 1(1): 53-68.
2. Rafizul, I.M., M.K. Howlader and M. Alamgir, 2012. Construction and evaluation of simulated pilot scale landfill lysimeter in Bangladesh. Waste management, 32(11): 2068-2079.
3. Rafizul, I.M. and M. Alamgir, 2012. Characterization and tropical seasonal variation of leachate: Results from landfill lysimeter studied. Waste management, 32(11): 2080-2095.
4. Visvanathan, C., J. T ränkler, P. Kuruparan and Q. Xiaoning. Influence of landfill operation and waste composition on leachate control–lysimeter experiments under tropical conditions. in 2nd Asia Pacific Landfill Symposium in Seoul, Korea. 2002.
5. Halim, A.A., H.A. Aziz, M.A.M. Johari, K.S. Ariffin and M.N. Adlan, 2010. Ammoniacal nitrogen and COD removal from semi- aerobic landfill leachate using a composite adsorbent: fixed bed column adsorption performance. Journal of hazardous materials, 175(1): 960-964.
6. Kumar, D. and B.J. Alappat, 2005. Evaluating leachate contamination potential of landfill sites using leachate pollution index. Clean T echnologies and EnvironmentalPolicy, 7(3): 190-197.
7. Umar, M., H.A. Aziz and M.S. Yusoff, 2010. Variability of parameters involved in leachate pollution index and determination of LPI from four landfills in Malaysia. International Journal of Chemical Engineering, 2010.
8. Kumar, D. and B.J. Alappat. Analysis of leachate contamination potential of a municipallandfill using leachate pollution index. in Workshop on Sustainable Landfill Management. 2003.
9. Sharma, A., S. Meesa, S. Pant, B.J. Alappat and D. Kumar, 2008. Formulation of a landfill pollution potential index to compare pollution potential of uncontrolled landfills. Waste Management & Research, 26(5): 474-483.
10. Kumar, D. and B. Alappat. A technique to quantify landfill leachate pollution. in Proc., 9th International Waste Management Landfill Symposium, Cagliari, Italy, Paper. 2003.
11. Ebeling, J.M., Sibrell, P.L., Orden, S.R. and Summerfelt, S.T., 2003. Evaluation of chemical coagulation-flocculation aids for removal of suspended solids and phosphorus from Intensive recalculating aquaculture effluent discharge. Aquaculture Engineering,, 29(1-2): 23-42.
12. Mahmud, K., M.D. Hossain and S. Shams, 2012. Different treatment strategies for highly polluted landfill leachate in developing countries. Waste management, 32(11): 2096-2105.
13. APHA., Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater 15ed1981: APHA American Public Health Association.
14. Kumar, D. and B.J. Alappat, 2004. Selection of the appropriate aggregation function for calculating leachate pollution index. Practice Periodical of Hazardous, Toxic, and Radioactive Waste Management, 8(4): 253-264.
15. Kale, S.S., A.K. Kadam, S. Kumar and N. Pawar, 2010. Evaluating pollution potential of leachate from landfill site, from the Pune metropolitan city and its impact on shallow basaltic aquifers. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 162(1-4): 327-346.
16. Ferdaush, J., 2013. T reatment of landfill leachate by the physico chemical methods.
17. India, G.o., Municipal solid wastes (management and handling) rules., M.o.E.a.F. T he gazette of India, Editor 2000, Government of India: Delhi, India.
18. Environmental Protection Department (EPD), H.K.s.a.r.H., 2005. T echnical memorandum for effluent discharged into drainage and sewage system, inland and coastal water, advanced landfill leachate treatment using an integrated membrane process. Desalination 149(1-3): 109-114.