1. J.C. Kuriacose, J Rajaram, 1988. Chemistry in Enginering and Technology. Tata McGraw- Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi.
2. Clair N. Sawyer, Perry L. McCarty, Gene F. Parkin, 1994. Chemistry for Environmental Engineering, McGraw- Hill international Editions, Singapore.
3. Gurudeep Raj, 1991. Surface Chemistry (Adsorption), Goel Publishing House, Meerut.
4. Yuhui Ma, Qunhui Wang, Xiona Wang, Xiaohong Sun, Xiaoqiang Wang, 2015. A Comprehensive study on activated carbon prepared from spent Shiitake substrate via pyrolysis with ZnCl2. J Porous Mater 22(1): 157 – 169.
5. Walter J. Weber JR 1973. Adsorption Processes. XXIVth International Congress of Pure and Applied chemistry, Symposium S2, Hamburg, pp: 375-392
6. C R Girish and V. Ramachandra Murty, 2012. Adsorption of phenol from aqueous solution using Lantana Camara, Forest Waste: Kinetics, Isotherm and Thermodynamic Studies. Journal of Environmental Research and Development 6: 763-772.
7. Rifaqat Ali Khan Rao, Moonis Ali Khan, Byong – Hun Jeon, 2010. Utilization of carbon derived from mustard oil cake (CMOC) for the removal of bivalent metal ions: Effect of anionic surfactant on the removal and recovery, Journal of Hazardous Materials 173 (1-3): 273-282.
8. E.C. Bernardo, R. Egashira, J. Kawasaki, 1997. Decolorization of Molasses’ Wastewater using Activated Carbon Prepared from Cane Bagasse, Carbon 35 (9): 1217-1221.
9. Hui – Hsin Tseng, Jhin – Gang Su, Chenju Liang, 2011. Synthesis of granular activated carbon/zero valent iron composites for simultaneous adsorption/dechlorination of trichloroethylene, Journal of Hazardous Materials. 192 (2): 500-506.
10. Jinchen Liu et al. 2007. Experimental and Theoretical Studies of Gas Adsorption in Cu3(BTC)2: An Effective Activation Procedure. J. Phys. Chem. C 111 (26): 9305-9313.
11. Faisal I Khan, Aloke Kr. Ghoshal, 2000. Removal of Volatile Organic Compounds from polluted air. Journal of loss prevention in the process industries,13: 527-545.
12. Antti Pasila, 2004. A biological oil adsorption filter. Marine pollution bulletin, 49 (11-12): 881-1128.
13. Emine Yagmur, Meryem Ozmak, Zeki Aktas, 2008. A novel method for production of activated carbon from waste tea by chemical activation with microwave energy. Fuel, 87: 3278–3285.
14. Tonghua Wang, Suxia Tan, Changhai Liang, 2009. Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from wood via microwave – induced ZnCl2 activation. Carbon. 47: 1867 – 1885.
15. P. C. Sharma, M.B. Yelne, T.J. Dennis, 2001. Database on Medicinal Plants Used in Ayurveda, Central Council for Research in Ayurveda Siddha, New Delhi.
16. Ozan Nazim Ciftci, Roman Przybylski, Magdalena Rudzinska, Surya Acharya, 2011. Characterization of Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) Seed Lipids, J Am Oil Chem Soc. 88 (10): 1603–1610.
17. Suchandra Chatterjee, Prasad S. Variyar, Arun Sharma, 2010. Bioactive lipid constituent of fenugreek. Food Chemistry. 119 (1): 349 – 353.
18. Mullaicharam AR, Geetali Deori, and Uma Maheswari R, 2013. Medicinal Values of Fenugreek – A Review. RJPBCS 4 (1): 1304-1313.
19. G.M.S. El. Bahy, 2005. FTIR and Raman Spectroscopic study of Fenugreek seeds. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy. 72 (1): 111-116.
20. S. Aswathy Aromal, Daizy Philip. 2012. Green synthesis of gold nanoparticles using Trigonella foenum–graecum and its size-dependent catalytic activity. Spectrochimica Acta part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 97: 1-5.
21. Maedeh Mohammadi, Ali J. Hassani, Abdul Rahman Mohamed and Ghasem D. Najafpur. 2010. Removal of Rhodamine B from aqueous solution using palm shell based activated carbon: Adsorption and kinetic studies. Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data. 55: 5777 – 5785.
22. Y. C. Sharma, 2011. Adsorption characteristics of a low-cost activated carbon for the reclamation of coloured effluents containing malachite Green. Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data. 56: 478 – 484.
23. K. Ramakrishnan, C. Namasivayam, 2011. Zinc chloride – activated jatropha husk carbon for removal of phenol from water by adsorption: equilibrium and kinetic studies. Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry 93(6): 1111 – 1122.
24. Ravindra Kumar Gautam, Ackmez Mudhoo, Mahesh Chandra Chattopadhaya, 2013. Kinetic, equilibrium, thermodynamic studies and spectroscopic analysis of Alizarin Red S by removal by mustard husk. Journal of environmental Chemical Engineering. 1: 1283-1291
25. Eftekhari, S., Habibi – Yangjeh, A., Sohrabnezhad, S., 2010. Application of AIMCM-41 for competitive adsoption of methylene blue and rhodamine B: Thermodynamic and Kinetic studies. Journal of Hazardous Materials. 178 (1-3): 349-355.
26. Asma Saeed, Mehwish Sharif, Muhammad Iqbal, 2010. Application potential of grapefruit peel as dye adsorbent: Kinetics, equilibrium and mechanism of crystal violet adsorption, Journal of Hazardous Materials. 179: 564–572.
27. Augustine E. Ofomaja, Yuh – Shan Ho, 2007. Equilibrium sorption of anionic dye from aqueous solution by palm kernel fibre as sorbent. Dyes and Pigments, 74: 60-66
28. Yu Liu, 2009. Is the Free Energy Change of Adsorption Correctly Calculated? Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data. 54: 1981 – 1985
29. Yu Liu, Hui Xu, 2007. Equilibrium, thermodynamics and mechanisms of Ni2+ biosorption by aerobic granules, Biochemical Engineering Journal. 35: 174 – 182