1. Azarpour, A., Suhaimi, S., Zahedi, G., Bahadori, A., 2013, A review on the drawbacks of renewable energy as a promising energy source of the future. Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering. 38, 317–328 .
2. Kersten, S.R.A., Wang, X., Prins, W., Swaaij, W.P.M. Van., 2005. Biomass Pyrolysis in a Fluidized Bed Reactor . Part 1 : Literature Review and Model Simulations. 8773–8785.
3. Bridgwater, A. V, Meier, D., Radlein, D. 1999, An overview of fast pyrolysis of biomass, Organic Geochemistery. 30: 1479–1493.
4. Singh, J., Gu, S. 2010, Biomass conversion to energy in India — A critique. 14, 1367–1378.
5. Honnery, D., Moriarty, P., 2007, Liquid fuels from woody biomass. International Journal of Global Energy Issues 27, 103–114 .
6. Ullah, K., Ahmad, M., Kumar, V., Lu, P., Harvey, A., Zafar, M., Sultana, S., Anyanwu, C.N., 2014, Algal biomass as a global source of transport fuels : Overview and development perspectives. Progress in Natural Science 4: 006-012.
7. Demirbas, A., 2003. Biodiesel fuels from vegetable oils via catalytic and non-catalytic supercritical alcohol transesterifications and other methods : a survey Energy Conversion and Management. 44, 2093–2109 .
8. Bharathiraja, B., Chakravarthy, M., Kumar, R.R., Yogendran, D., Yuvaraj, D., Jayamuthunagai, J., Kumar, R.P., Palani, S. 2015. Aquatic biomass ( algae ) as a future feed stock for bio-re fi neries : A review on cultivation , processing and products. Renewable Sustainable Energy Reviews. 47, 634–653 .
9. Preface, T. 2004, HANDBOOK OF MICROALGAL CULTURE : BIOTECHNOLOGY AND APPLIED PHYCOLOGY.
10. Chisti, Y. 2007, Biodiesel from microalgae. Biotechnology Advances. 25, 294–306 .
11. Martins, A., Caetano, N.S., Mata, T.M, 2010. Microalgae for biodiesel production and other applications : A review. Renewable Sustainable Energy Reviews 14, 217–232 .
12. Moser, B.R. 2009, Biodiesel production, properties, and feedstocks. In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Plant. 45, 229–266.
13. Atabani, A.E., Silitonga, A.S., Badruddin, I.A., Mahlia, T.M.I., Masjuki, H.H., Mekhilef, S., Anjum, I., Mahlia, T.M.I., Masjuki, H.H., Mekhilef, S, 2012.: A comprehensive review on biodiesel as an alternative energy resource and its characteristics. Renewable Sustainable Energy Reviews. 16, 2070–2093.
14. Hundt, K., Reddy, B. V.2011, Algal biodiesel production from power plant exhaust and its potential to replace petrodiesel and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. International Journal Low Carbon Technologies. 6, 294–298.
15. U.S. Energy Information Administration, 2016. Available online, https//www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproject/iedindex3.cfm Accessed on 18 January.
16. Brennan, L., Owende, P. 2010, Biofuels from microalgae — A review of technologies for production , processing , and extractions of biofuels and co-products. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 14, 557–577.
17. Singh, P., Singh, A. 2011, Production of liquid biofuels from renewable resources. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science. 37, 52–68/
18. Demirbas, A., Fatih Demirbas, M., Demirbas, M.F, 2011. Importance of algae oil as a source of biodiesel. Energy Conversion Management. 52, 163–170.
19. A . B . M . Sharif Hossain , Aishah Salleh , Amru Nasrulhaq Boyce , Partha chowdhury and Mohd Naqiuddin.. 2008: Biodiesel Fuel Production from Algae as Renewable Energy, American Journal of Biochemistry and Biotechnology 4, 250–254.
20. Microbiol, A., Behera, S., Ray, R.C. 2014, Batch ethanol production from cassava ( Manihot esculenta Crantz .) flour using Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells immobilized in calcium alginate. Annals of Microbiology. 65.2: 779-783.
21. Evangelista, A., Teresa, A., Jotta, J., Caldeira, M., Tamagnini, P. 2011, Biohydrogen production by Anabaena sp . PCC 7120 wild-type and mutants under different conditions : Light , nickel , propane , carbon dioxide and nitrogen. Biomass and Bioenergy, 5:1–8 .
22. Shuping, Z., Yulong, W., Mingde, Y., Kaleem, I., Chun, L., Tong, J. 2010, Production and characterization of bio-oil from hydrothermal liquefaction of microalgae Dunaliella tertiolecta cake. Energy. 35, 5406–5411.
23. Hughes, A.D., Kelly, M.S., Black, K.D., Stanley, M.S. 2012, Biogas from Macroalgae : is it time to revisit the idea Biotechnology for Biofuels, 5.1: 1–7.
24. Sing, S.F., Isdepsky, A., Borowitzka, M.A., Moheimani, N.R, 2011.: Production of biofuels from microalgae.. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for lobal Change. 18.1: 47-72.
25. Ryckebosch, E., Bruneel, C., Muylaert, K., Foubert, I, 2012. Microalgae as an alternative source of omega-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Lipid Technology 24.6: 128–130 ().
26. Milledge, J.J., Heaven, S. 2014, Methods of energy extraction from microalgal biomass : a review. Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio/Technology 1: 301–320
27. Knothe, G., Gerpen, J. Van, 2005: The Biodiesel Handbook .
28. Bernard, O. 2009, Assessment of Biodiesel Production from Microalgae, Policy Analysis Life-Cycle. 6475–6481.
29. Boer, K. De, Moheimani, N.R, 2012.: Extraction and conversion pathways for microalgae to biodiesel : a review focused on energy consumption. Journal of Applied Phycology, 24.6:1681–1698.
30. Sills, D.L., Paramita, V., Franke, M.J., Johnson, M.C., Akabas, T.M., Greene, C.H., Tester, W. 2013: Analysis of Life Cycle Assessment for Algal Biofuel Production. Quantitative Uncertainty, Environmental Science & Technology 47.2: 8-15.
31. Sarin, R., Sharma, M., Sinharay, S., Malhotra, R.K. 2007: Jatropha – Palm biodiesel blends : An optimum mix for Asia. Fuel 86, 1365–1371.
32. Gui, M.M.M., Lee, K.T.T.Ã., Bhatia, S. 2008, Feasibility of edible oil vs . non-edible oil vs . waste edible oil as biodiesel feedstock. Energy. 33, 1646–1653.
33. Babu, A.V., Rao, B.V.A., Kumar, P.R., 2009, Transesterification for the preparation of biodiesel from crude-oil of pongamia pinnata. Thermal Sciences Journal. 13, 201–206.
34. Karmakar, A., Karmakar, S., Mukherjee, S.2010, Properties of various plants and animals feedstocks for biodiesel production. Bioresource Technology. 101, 7201–7210.
35. Soydemir, G., Keris-Sen, U.D., Sen, U., Gurol, M.D. 2016, Biodiesel production potential of mixed microalgal culture grown in domestic wastewater. Bioprocess Biosystems Engineering. 39, 45–51.
36. Scott, S.A., Davey, M.P., Dennis, J.S., Horst, I., Howe, C.J., Lea-Smith, D.J., Smith, A.G. 2010. Biodiesel from algae: challenges and prospects. Current Opinion in Biotechnology,. 21: 277–286.
37. Hidalgo, P., Toro, C., Ciudad, G., Navia, R. 2013, Advances in direct transesterification of microalgal biomass for biodiesel production. Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio/Technology. 12.2: 179-199.
38. Rosenberg, J.N., Oyler, G.A., Wilkinson, L., Betenbaugh, M.J. 2008, A green light for engineered algae : redirecting metabolism to fuel a biotechnology revolution. Current opinion in Biotechnology, 19.5: 430–436.
39. Salvi, B.L., Subramanian, K.A., Panwar, N.L. 2013 Alternative fuels for transportation vehicles : A technical review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 25: 404–419.
40. Park, J., Park, M.S., Lee, Y., Yang, J. , 2014, Advances in direct transesterification of algal oils from wet biomass. Bioresource Technology. 184: 267-275
41. Nascimento, I.A., Marques, S.S.I., Cabanelas, I.T.D., de Carvalho, G.C., Nascimento, M.A., de Souza, C.O., Druzian, J.I., Hussain, J., Liao, W., Santa, S., Marques, I., Nascimento, M.A., Souza, C.O. De, 2014, Microalgae Versus Land Crops as Feedstock for Biodiesel: Productivity, Quality, and Standard Compliance. Bioenergy Resources. 7: 1002–1013
42. Atadashi, I.M., Aroua, M.K., Aziz, A.R.A., Sulaiman, N.M.N, 2013. The effects of catalysts in biodiesel production : A review. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. 19: 14–26.
43. Chen, L., Liu, T., Zhang, W., Chen, X., Wang, J., 2012, Biodiesel production from algae oil high in free fatty acids by two-step catalytic conversion. Bioresource Technology. 111, 208–214.
44. Dong, T., Wang, J., Miao, C., Zheng, Y., Chen, S. 2013, Two-step in situ biodiesel production from microalgae with high free fatty acid content. Bioresource Technology. 136, 8–15.
45. Sathish, A., Smith, B.R., Sims, R.C. 2013, Effect of moisture on in situ transesterification of microalgae for biodiesel production. Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology. 89.1: 137-142.
46. Soratana, K., Barr, W.J., Landis, A.E. 2014, Effects of co-products on the life-cycle impacts of microalgal biodiesel. Bioresource Technology. 159, 157–166 ().
47. Sharma, Y.C., Singh, B., Upadhyay, S.N.: 2008, Advancements in development and characterization of biodiesel : A review. Fuel 87: 2355–2373.
48. Knothe, G. 2009, Improving biodiesel fuel properties by modifying fatty ester composition, Energy & Environmental Science, 2.7: 759–766.
49. Islam, M.A., Magnusson, M., Brown, R.J., Ayoko, G.A., Nabi, M.N., Heimann, K. 2013, Microalgal species selection for biodiesel production based on fuel properties derived from fatty acid profiles. Energies. 6, 5676–5702.
50. Lapuerta, M., Armas, O., Rodríguez-fernández, J. 2016, Effect of the Degree of Unsaturation of Biodiesel Fuels on NOx and Particulate Emissions. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants 1.2008-01-1676 (2008): 1150-1158 .
51. Knothe, G. 2013, Production and Properties of Biodiesel from Algal Oils. Algae for Biofuels and Energy. 2013: 207–221.
52. Moser, B.R. 2009, Biodiesel Production , Properties , and Feedstocks. In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology-Plant 45.3 (2009): 229-266.
53. Siddeeg, A., Xia, W., 2015, Oxidative stability, chemical composition and organoleptic properties of seinat (Cucumis melo var. tibish) seed oil blends with peanut oil from China. Journal of Food Science Technology. 52, 8172–8179 .
54. Puhan, S., Jegan, R., Balasubbramanian, K., Nagarajan, G. 2009, Effect of injection pressure on performance, emission and combustion characteristics of high linolenic linseed oil methyl ester in a DI diesel engine. Renewable Energy, 34: 1227–1233.
55. Arbab, M.I., Masjuki, H.H., Varman, M., Kalam, M.A., Sajjad, H., Imtenan, S. 2014, Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fueled by an optimum biodiesel-biodiesel blend. Rsc Advances. 4: 37122–37129.
56. Chuah, L.F., Yusup, S., Rashid, A., Aziz, A.R.A., Bokhari, A., Zamri, M., Klemeš, J.J., Bokhari, A., Abdullah, M.Z. 2015, Influence of fatty acids content in non-edible oil for biodiesel properties. Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 18.2: 473-482
57. Allwayzy, S.H., Yusaf, T., Mccabe, B., Pittaway, P., Aravinthan, V. 2010, Microalgae as Alternative Fuel for Compression Ignition ( CI ) Engines. Proceedings of the 2010 Southern Region Engineering Conference (SREC 2010). Engineers Australia 1–5.
58. Issariyakul, T., Dalai, A.K. 2014, Biodiesel from vegetable oils. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 31, 446–471.
59. Reddy, N.K.Æ.R.P. 2008, Evaluation of Methyl Esters of Mahua Oil ( Madhuca Indica ) as Diesel Fuel. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, 85.2: 185–188.
60. Sarantopoulos, I., Chatzisymeon, E., Foteinis, S., Tsoutsos, T. 2014, Optimization of biodiesel production from waste lard by a two-step transesteri fi cation process under mild conditions. Energy for Sustainable Development. 23: 110–114.
61. Lee, J., Yoo, C., Jun, S., Ahn, C., Oh, H. 2010, Comparison of several methods for effective lipid extraction from microalgae. Bioresource Technology 101: S75–S77.
62. Ahmad, F., Khan, A.U., Yasar, A, 2013. Transesterification of oil extracted from different species of algae for biodiesel production. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 7: 358–364.
63. Islam, M.A., Ayoko, G.A., Brown, R., Stuart, D., Heimann, K. 2013, Influence of fatty acid structure on fuel properties of algae derived biodiesel . Procedia Engineering. 56: 591–596.
64. Lin, B.-F., Huang, J., Huang, D. 2009, Experimental study of the effects of vegetable oil methyl ester on DI diesel engine performance characteristics and pollutant emissions. Fuel. 88: 1779–1785.
65. Dunn, R.O., Ngo, H.L., Haas, M.J. 2015, Branched-chain fatty acid methyl esters as cold flow improvers for biodiesel, Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society. 92: 853–869.
66. Dixit, S., Kanakraj, S., Rehman, A, 2012. Linseed oil as a potential resource for bio-diesel: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 16, 4415–4421.
67. Dwivedi, G., Sharma, M.P. 2015, Application of Box-Behnken design in optimization of biodiesel yield from Pongamia oil and its stability analysis. Fuel. 145: 256–262.
68. Canoira, L., García Galeán, J., Alcántara, R., Lapuerta, M., García-Contreras, R, 2010, Fatty acid methyl esters (FAMEs) from castor oil: Production process assessment and synergistic effects in its properties. Renewable Energy. 35: 208–217.
69. Awolu, O.O., Layokun, S.K. 2013, Optimization of two-step transesterification production of biodiesel from neem (Azadirachta indica) oil. Intnational Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering. 4: 39-55.
70. Gopinath, a, Puhan, S., Nagarajan, G. 2009, Relating the cetane number of biodiesel fuels to their fatty acid composition: a critical study. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. 223: 565–583.
71. Ang, G.T., Ooi, S.N., Tan, K.T., Lee, K.T., Mohamed, A.R. 2015, Optimization and kinetic studies of sea mango (Cerbera odollam) oil for biodiesel production via supercritical reaction. Energy Conversion Management. 99: 242–251.
72. Wyatt, V.T., Hess, M.A., Dunn, R.O., Foglia, T.A., Haas, M.J., Marmer, W.N.: Fuel Properties and Nitrogen Oxide Emission Levels of Biodiesel Produced from Animal Fats. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 82.8: 585-591.
73. Canakci, M., Gerpen, J.H. Van, 2003, Comparison of engine performance and emissions for petroleum diesel fuel, yellow grease biodiesel, and soybean oil biodiese. American Society of Agricultural Engineering. 46: 937–944.
74. Tran, H.L., Ryu, Y.J., Seong, D.H., Lim, S.M., Lee, C.G. 2013, An effective acid catalyst for biodiesel production from impure raw feedstocks. Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering. 18: 242–247.
75. Velasquez-Orta, S.B., Lee, J.G.M., Harvey, A. 2012, Alkaline in situ transesterification of Chlorella vulgaris. Fuel. 94: 544–550.
76. Teo, S.H., Islam, A., Yusaf, T., Taufiq-Yap, Y.H. 2014, Transesterification of Nannochloropsis oculata microalga’s oil to biodiesel using calcium methoxide catalyst. Energy. 7:, 63–71.
77. Chen, Y.H., Huang, B.Y., Chiang, T.H., Tang, T.C. , 2012, Fuel properties of microalgae (Chlorella protothecoides) oil biodiesel and its blends with petroleum diesel. Fuel. 94: 270–273 ().
78. Dwivedi, G., Sharma, M.P.: Potential and limitation of straight vegetable oils as engine fuel – An Indian perspective. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 33: 316–322.
79. Gautam, K., Gupta, N.C., Sharma, D.K. 2013, Physical characterization and comparison of biodiesel produced from edible and non-edible oils of Madhuca indica ( mahua ), Pongamia pinnata ( karanja ), and Sesamum indicum ( til ) plant oilseeds. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery 4.3: 193-200.
80. Knothe, G., Steidley, K.R. 2005, Kinematic viscosity of biodiesel fuel components and related compounds. Influence of compound structure and comparison to petrodiesel fuel components. Fuel. 84: 1059–1065.
81. Knothe, G, 2005, Dependence of biodiesel fuel properties on the structure of fatty acid alkyl esters. Fuel Process Technology. 86: 1059–1070.
82. Yuan, H., Yang, Æ.B., Yang, Æ.J. 2009, Predicting Properties of Biodiesel Fuels using Mixture, Topological Index. 375–382.
83. Corre, R., Jose, A., Meirelles, D.A., Augusto, E., Batista, C. 2013, Densities and Viscosities of Fatty Acid Ethyl Esters and Biodiesels Produced by Ethanolysis from Palm , Canola , and Soybean Oils : Experimental Data and Calculation Methodologies. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 52.8: 2985-2994.
84. Shahidi, Fereidoon. 2005, Bailey's Industrial Oil and Fat Products, 6 Volume Set. Vol. 4. Chapter 5.
85. Kinoshita, E., Myo, T., Hamasaki, K., Tajima, H. et al, 2006, Diesel combus-tion characteristics of coconut oil and palm oil biodie-sels. SAE Technical Papers. 2006-01: 32-12.
86. Regional, N., Prep, N. 1989, Heats of Combustion of Fatty Esters and Triglycerides I. 66,.
87. Ashokkumar, A., Padmanaban, V., Subramaniam, T. 2016, A Comparison of Fuel Properties Between Fractionated and Non-Fractionated Composition of Micro Algae Based Biodiesel. No. 2013-01-2814. SAE Technical Paper, 2013.
88. İleri, E., Koçar, G. 2009, Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Fuel Injection Advance on Engine Performance and Exhaust Emission Parameters Using Canola Oil Methyl Ester in a Turbocharged Direct-Injection Diesel Engine. Energy & Fuels. 23: 5191–5198.
89. Jaichandar, S., Annamalai, K. 2012, Effects of open combustion chamber geometries on the performance of pongamia biodiesel in a di diesel engine. Fuel. 98, 272–279.
90. Akar, M.A. 2016, Performance and emission characteristics of compression ignition engine operating with false flax biodiesel and butanol blends. Advances in Mechanical Engineering. 8: 1–7.
91. Puhan, S., Vedaraman, N., Ram, B.V.B., Sankarnarayanan, G., Jeychandran, K. 2005, Mahua oil ( Madhuca Indica seed oil ) methyl ester as biodiesel-preparation and emission characterstics. 28, 87–93.
92. Exploration, E. 2015, Evaluation as fuel diesel engine of methyl. 33: 227–242.
93. Selvam, D.J.P., Vadivel, K. 2012, Performance and emission analysis of DI diesel engine fuelled with methyl esters of beef tallow and diesel blends. Procedia Engineering. 38: 342–358.
94. Selvam, D.J.P., Vadivel, K.: An Experimental Investigation on Performance , Emission , and Combustion Characteristics of a Diesel Engine Fueled with Methyl Esters of Waste Pork Lard and Diesel Blends. Intational Journal of Green Energy. 10.9: 908-923.
95. Ashokkumar, V., Agila, E., Sivakumar, P., Salam, Z., Rengasamy, R., Ani, F.N. 2014, Optimization and characterization of biodiesel production from microalgae Botryococcus grown at semi-continuous system. Energy Conversion and Management. 88: 936–946.
96. Kawano, D. 2016, Exhaust Emission Characteristics of Commercial Vehicles Fuelled with Biodiesel. SAE Technical Paper . No. 2010-01-2276.
97. Jaroonjitsathian, S., Sae-ong, P., Siangsanorh, S., Akarapanjavit, N. 2016, A Study of the Effect of Biodiesel Blended Fuel on Diesel Combustion. SAE Technical Paper. No. 2010-01-2285..
98. Taylor, P., Kumar, N., Chauhan, S.R. 2016, Evaluation of the effects of engine parameters on performance and emissions of diesel engine operating with biodiesel blend. International Journal of Ambient Energy, 37.2: 121-135.
99. Sivanathan, S., Chandran, H.P. 2016, Investigation on the Performance and Emission Characteristics of Biodiesel and its Blends with Oxygenated Additives in a Diesel Engine. SAE Technical Paper,No. 2014-01-1261.
100. Mizushima, N., Kawano, D., Ishii, H., Goto, Y. 2014, Effect of Fuel Properties of Biodiesel on Its Combustion and Emission Characteristics.. SAE Technical Paper,No. 2014-01-1252
101. Scragg, A.H., Morrison, J., Shales, S.W. 2003, The use of a fuel containing Chlorella vulgaris in a diesel engine. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 33.7: 884-889.
102. Tsaousis, P., Wang, Y., Roskilly, A.P., Caldwell, G.S. 2014, Algae to energy : Engine performance using raw algal oil. Energy Procedia. 61, 656–659.
103. Tüccar, G., Aydın, K.: Evaluation of methyl ester of microalgae oil as fuel in a diesel engine, 2013. Fuel. 112, 203–207.
104. Jitesh Singh Patel, Naveen Kumar, Amar Deep, Abhishek Sharma, and D.G. 2014, Evaluation of Emission Characteristics of Blend of Algae Oil Methyl Ester with Diesel in a Medium Capacity Diesel Engine. SAE Tech Pap. 2014-01-13.
105. Velappan, R., Sivaprakasam, S. 2014, Investigation of Single Cylinder Diesel Engine Using Bio Diesel from Marine Algae, International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology 1.4: 399–403 ().
106. Velappan, R., 2015, An Effect of Injection Timing on Di Diesel Engine Powered By Algae Methyl Ester. Carbon, 1: 443–446.
107. Jayaprabakar, J., Karthikeyan, A., K, G.K., Ganesh, 2015, A.: COMBUSTION CHARACTERISTICS OF A CI ENGINE FUELLED WITH MACRO AND MICRO ALGAE BIODIESEL BLENDS. In: National Conference On Recent Trends And Developments In Sustainable Green Technologies. pp. 68–71.
108. Jayaprabakar, J., Karthikeyan, A., Josiah, A., Shajan, 2015, A.: experimental investigation on the performance and emission characteristics of a ci engine with rice bran and micro algae biodiesel blends. In: National Conference On Recent Trends And Developments In Sustainable Green Technologies. pp. 19–22.
109. Haik, Y., Selim, M.Y.E., Abdulrehman, T. 2011, Combustion of algae oil methyl ester in an indirect injection diesel engine. Energy. 36, 1827–1835.