2. Bell N., 1998. Waste minimization and resource recovery. The environment design guide, Gen 21, Vol. 2. Canberra: Royal Australian Institute of Architects.
5. Wang, J.Y., X.P. Kang and V.W.Y. Tam, 2008. An investigation of construction wastes: an empirical study in Shenzhen. Journal of Engineering Design and Technology, 6: 227-236.
6. The Star Online, Manyin: “ Recycle wood & construction waste”. 2006. http://thestar
.com.my/news/story.asp?file-/2006/10/3/southeast/15505469&sec=southneast [accessed on 24 July 2012].
7. Nagapan S., I.A. Rahman, A. Asmi and A.H.A. Adnan, 2013. Study of Site’s Construction Waste in Batu Pahat, Johor,” Proceeding Engineering (Elsevier), 53:99-103.
8. Aziz S.Q., H.A. Aziz, M.S. Yusoff, M.J.K. Bashir and M. Umar, 2010. Leachate Characterization in semi-aerobic and anaerobic sanitary landfills: A comparative study. Journal of Environmental Management, 91: 2608-2614.
9. Nguyen, M. and H.ThiQuyah, 2012. Chemical precipitation of ammonia and phosphate from Nam Son Landfill leachate, Hanoi. Iranica Journal of Energy & Environmental (Special issue on Environmental Technology), 3: 32-36
10. Hassan, H., A. Masumeh, V. Hossein, P. Maryam and K. Tahereh, 2013. Industrial waste management with application of RIAM Environmental Assessment: A case study on Taos Industrial State, Mashad. Iranica Journal of Energy & Environment, 4: 142-149.
11. Mohamad, G., S. Syafalni and S. Mohammad, 2014. Public perception on the current solid waste management system in Malaysia: A comparative study of Matang Landfill & Bukit Tagar Sanitary Landfill (BTSL). World Applied Science Journal, 32: 872-883.
12. Marta, S.D.J. and A.G. Pilar, 2008. Study on the influence of attached mortar content on the properties of recycled concrete aggregate. Construction and Building Material, 23: 872-877.
13. Poon, C.S. and D. Chan, 2006. Paving blocks made with recycled concrete aggregate and crushed clay brick. Construction Building Materials, 20: 569-577.
14. Kenai S. and F. Debieb, 2008. The use of coarse and fine crushed bricks as aggregate in concrete. Construction and Building Materials, 22: 886-893.
15. Ummi K., H.M.N. Mashitah and AB. Badorul, 2008. Recycling of clay based demolition wastes for the production of concrete block. International Conference on Environment (ICENV), 1-5.
16. Michelis I., F. Ferella, F. Beolchini, A. Olivieri and F. Vegliò, 2009. Characterisation and classification of solid wastes coming from e acid leaching of low-grade manganiferous ore. Journal of Hazardous Material, 162(2-3), 1285-1291.
17. Kosson D.S.,C.G. Andrew, D. Rossane and HA., Van der Sloot, 2014. pH-dependent leaching of constituents of potential concern from concrete materials containing coal combustion fly ash. Chemosphere, 103: 140-147.
18. Polo M.J., D. Domínguez and J.V. Giráldez, 2005. Leaching of metals from residual contamination points in the basin of Guadiamar. VII Jornadas de Investigación en la Zona no Saturada del Suelo. La Coruña (Spain). ISBN:84-9749-171-8.
19. EU Landfill directive, 1999. European Union’s Landfill directive 1999/31/EC Official. Journal of the European Communities, L182/1/1999.
20. BS 812-102, 1989. British Standard: Testing aggregate, Part 102: Methods for sampling. British Standard Institution.
21. BS 812-103.1, 1985. British Standard: Testing aggregate, Part 103: Sieve Test. British Standard Institution.
22. CEN/TS 14429, 2005. Characterization of waste – Leaching behaviour test – influence of pH on leaching with initial acid/base addition.
23. Marshitah MD., NLMA. Wan, HAB. Badorul and ZMZ. Maria,2009. Chemical and mineralogical studies of concrete based-waste materials from demolition sites. Malaysia Construction Research Journal, 5: 5-9.
24. Limbachiya M.C., E. Marrocchino and A. Koulouris, 2007. Chemical-mineralogical characterisation of coarse recycled concrete aggregate. Waste Management, 27: 201-208.
25. EHE-08, 2008. Spanish Minster of Public Works Instrucción de Hormigón Estructural EHE-08 (Spanish Structural Concrete Code).
26. CEN EN-12620, 2008. Aggregates for concrete, Brussels, Belgium.
27. Tovar R.G., B. Marilda, P. Sergio, A. Diego and V. Enric, 2013. Expansion of mortars with gypsum contaminated fine recycled aggregates. Construction and Building Materials, 38: 1211-1220.
28. Neville A.M., 2002. Properties of concrete. Fourth ed. Pearson Education Limited. Essex, UK.
29. Rivas F.J, F. Beltrán, F. Carvalho, B. Acedo and O. Gimeno, 2004. Stabilized leachates: Sequential coagulation-flocculation+chemical oxidation process. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 116: 95-102.
30. Ghafari S., H.A. Aziz and M..J.K. Bashir, 2005. The use of poly- aluminium chloride and alum for the treatment of partially stabilized leachate: A comparative study. Desalination, 257:110-116.
31. Kosson DS., H.A. Van der Sloot, F. Sanchez and A.C. Garrabrants, 2002. Integrated framework for evaluating leaching in waste management and utilization of secondary materials. Environ. Eng. Sci., 19: 159-204.
32. Mulugeta M., C. Engelsen, W. Grethe and L. Walter, 2011. Charge – based fractionation of oxyanion- forming metals and metalloids leached from recycled concrete aggregates of different degrees of carbonation: A comparison of laboratory and fields leaching tests. Waste Management, 31: 253-258.
33. Engelsen J.C., H.A. Van der Sloot, W. Grethe, P. Gordana, S.H. Erik and L. Walter, 2009. Release of major elements from recycled concrete aggregates and geochemical modelling. Cement and Concrete Research, 39: 446-459.
34. Solpuker U., J. Sheet, Y. Kim and F.W. Schwartz, 2014. Leaching potential of previous concrete and immobilization of Cu, Pb and Zn using previous concrete. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 161: 35-48.
35. Adela P.G., A. Jesús, R.J. Jose and A. Francisco, 2012. Comparison of batch leaching tests and influence of pH on the release of metals from construction and demolition wastes. Waste Management, 32: 88-95.
36. Halim C.E., JA. Scott, H. Natawardaya, R. Amal, D. Beydoun and G. Low, 2004. Comparison between acetic acid and landfill leachates from the leaching of Pb(II), Cd(II), As (V) and Cr(VI) from cementitious wastes. Environmental Science and Technology, 38: 3977-3983.
37. Evans N.D.M., 2008. Binding mechanisms of radionuclides to cement. Cement Concrete Research, 38: 543-553.
38. Bonhoure I., I. Baur, E. Wieland, CA. Johnson and AM. Scheidegger, 2006. Uptake of Se (IV/VI) oxyanions by hardened cement paste and cement materials: an X-ray absorption spectroscopy study. Cement Concrete Research, 36: 91-98.
39. Schiopu N, L. Tiruta-Barna , E. Jayr, J. Méhu and P. Moszkowicz, 2009. Modelling and simulation of concrete leaching under outdoor exposure conditions. Sci. Total Environ, 407: 1613-1630.
40. You K.S., J.W. Ahn, H.C. Cho, G.C. Han, D.Y. Han and K.H. Cho, 2007. Competing ion effect of stabilization by Cr(III) & Cr(VI) in ettrngite crystal structure. Solid State Phenom, 124-126:1629-1632.
41. Vegas I, J.A. Ibañez, A. Lisbona, A. Sáez de Cortazar and M. Frías, 2011. Pre-normative research on the use of mixed recycled aggregates in unbound road sections. Construction and Building Materials, 25: 2674-2682.
42. Gervais C, A.C. Garrabrants , F. Sanchez, R. Barna, P. Moszkowicz and DC. Kosson, 2004. The effect of carbonation and drying during intermittent leaching on the release of inorganic constituents from a cement-based matrix. Cement Concrete Research, 34,:119-131.
43. Bonen D., 1994. Calcium hydroxide deposition in the near interfacial zone in plain concrete. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 77:193-196.
44. Stronach S.A., N.L. Walker, D.E. Macphee and FP. Glasser, 1997. Reactions between cement and As(III) oxide: the system CaO-SiO2-As2O3-H2O at 25ºC. Waste Management, 17: 9-13.
45. Van der Hoek EE., O.A. Bonouvrie and R.N.J. Comans, 1994.Sorption of As and Se on mineral components of Fly Ash- relevance for leaching processes. Applied Geochemistry, 9: 403-412.
46. Baur I. and CA.Johnson, 2003.Sorption of selenite and selenite to cement minerals. Environmental Science and Technology, 37: 3442-3447.