1. Li, W., K. Yang, J. Peng, L. Zhang, S. Guo and H. Xia, 2008. Effects of carbonization temperatures on characteristics of porosity in coconut shell chars and activated carbons derived from carbonized coconut shell chars. Industrial Crops and Products, 28: 190-198.
2. Low, L.W., T.T. Teng, A. Ahmad, N. Morad and Y.S. Wong, 2011. A novel pretreatment method of lignocellulosic material as adsorbent and kinetic study of dye waste adsorption. Water Air and Soil Pollution, 218: 293-306.
3. Su, C.X.H., T.T. Teng, A.F.M. Alkarkhi and L.W. Low, 2014. Imperata cylindrica (congrongrass) as an adsorbent for methylene blue dye removal: process optimization. Water Air and Soil Pollution, 225: Art. No. 1941.
4. Kizito, S., S. Wu, W.K. Kirui, M. Lei, Q. Lu, H. Bah and R. Dong, 2015. Evaluation of slow pyrolyzed wood and rice husks biochar for adsorption of ammonium nitrogen from piggery manure anaerobic digestate slurry. Science of The Total Environment, 505: 102-112.
5. Akrout, H., S. Jellali and L. Bousselmi, 2015. Enhancement of methylene blue removal by anodic oxidation using BDD electrode combined with adsorption onto sawdust. Comptes Rendus Chimie, 18: 110-120.
6. Lee, K.E., N. Morad, T.T. Teng and B.T. Poh, 2012. Preparation, characterization and application of Mg(OH)2-PAM inorganic-organic composite polymer in removing reactive dye. Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment,3: 37-42.
7. Wan Rosli, W.D., K.N. Law, Z. Zainuddin and R. Asro, 2004. Effect of pulping variables on the characteristics of oil- palm frond fiber. Bioresource Technology, 93: 233-240.
8. Malaysian palm oil board MPOB, 2014. Monthly production of oil palm products summary for the month of December 2013. http://bepi.mpob.gov.my/index.php/statistics/producti on/118-production-2013/604-production-of-oil-palm- products-2013.html
9. Low, L.W., T.T. Teng, A.F.M. Alkarkhi, N. Morad and B. Azahari, 2015. Carbonization of Elaeis guineensis frond fiber: effect of heating rate and nitrogen gas flow rate for adsorbent properties enhancement. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 28: 37-44.
10. Lewis, I.C., 1982. Chemistry of carbonization. Carbon, 20: 519-529.
11. Talebi, A., T.T. Teng, I. Norli, A.F.M. Al-Karkhi, 2015. Facilitated liquid-liquid extraction and stripping of nickel and cadmium from aqueous solutions by ionic liquid. Iranica Journal of Energy and Environment, 6: 188-194.
12. Heibati, B., S. Rodriguez-couto, A. Amrane, M. Rafatullah, A. Hawari and M.A. Al-Ghouti, 2014. Uptake of reactive black 5 by pumice and walnut activated carbon: chemistry and adsorption mechanisms. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 20: 2939-2947.
13. Liu, Z., Z. Jiang, Z. Cai, B. Fei, Y. Yu and X. Liu, 2013. Effects of carbonization conditions on properties of bamboo pellets. Renewable Energy, 51: 1-6.
14. Montgomery, D.C., 2001. Design and analysis of experiments. 5th ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York.
15. Low, L.W., T.T. Teng. A.F.M. Alkarkhi, A. Ahmad and N. Morad, 2011. Optimization of the adsorption conditions for the decolorization and COD reduction of methylene blue aqueous solution using low-cost adsorbent. Water Air and Soil Pollution, 214: 185-195.
16. Elumalai, S., G. Muthuraman, M. Sathya, M. Soniya and T.T. Teng, 2014. Recovery of dye from textile effluents using phenol as an extractant. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 20: 1958-1964.
17. Amini, M., H. Younesi, N. Bahramifar, A.A.Z. Lorestani, F. Ghorbani, A. Daneshi and M. Sharifzadeh, 2008. Application of response surface methodology for optimization of lead biosorption in an aqueous solution by Aspergillus niger. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 154: 694-702.
18. Demiral, I. and E.A. Ayan, 2011. Pyrolysis of grape bagasse: Effect of pyrolysis conditions on the product yields and characterization of the liquid product. Bioresource Technology, 102: 3946-3951.
19. Manabe, T., M. Ohata, S. Yoshizawa, D. Najajima, S. Goto, K. Uchida and H. Yajima, 2007. Effect of carbonization temperature on the physicochemical structure of wood charcoal. Transactions of the Materials Research Society of Japan, 32: 1035-1038.