1. Tariq, S.R., M.H. Shah, N. Shaheen, A. Khalique, S. Manzoor and M. Jaffar, 2006. Multivariate analysis of trace metal levels in tannery effluents in relation to soil and water: A case study from Peshawar, Pakistan. Journal of Environmental Management, 79(1): 20-29.
2. Zayed, A.M. and N. Terry, 2003. Chromium in the environment: factors affecting biological remediation. Plant and soil, 249(1): 139-156.
3. Nicholson, F., S. Smith, B. Alloway, C. Carlton-Smith and B. Chambers, 2003. An inventory of heavy metals inputs to agricultural soils in England and Wales. Science of the total environment, 311(1): 205-19.
4. Martin, S. and W. Griswold, 2009. Human health effects of heavy metals. Environmental Science and Technology briefs for citizens, 15: 1-6.
5. Principi, P., F. Villa, M. Bernasconi and E. Zanardini, 2006. Metal toxicity in municipal wastewater activated sludge investigated by multivariate analysis and in situ hybridization. Water research, 40(1): 99-106.
6. Gupta, V., P. Carrott, M. Ribeiro Carrott and Suhas, 2009. Low- cost adsorbents: growing approach to wastewater treatment—a review. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 39(10): 783-842.
7. Future Trends in the World Leather and Leather Products Industry and Trade, U.N.I.D. Organization, Editor 2010: Vienna.
8. Sharma, I. and D. Goyal, 2009. Chromium (III) removal from tannery effluent by Streptomyces sp.(MB2) waste biomass of fermentation process. International Journal of Integrative Biology, 6(3): 148.
9. Megharaj, M., S. Avudainayagam and R. Naidu, 2003. Toxicity of hexavalent chromium and its reduction by bacteria isolated from soil contaminated with tannery waste. Current microbiology, 47(1): 0051-0054.
10. Onundi, Y.B., A. Mamun, M. Al Khatib and Y.M. Ahmed, 2010. Adsorption of copper, nickel and lead ions from synthetic semiconductor industrial wastewater by palm shell activated carbon. International Journal of Environmental Science & Technology, 7(4): 751-758.
11. Babarinde, N.A., J. Oyebamiji and R.A. Sanni, 2006. Biosorption of lead ions from aqueous solution by maize leaf.
12. Nur Suhada, S., Biosorption of copper (II) from aqueous solution by using dried water hyacinth (Eicchornia Crassipes), 2009, Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
13. Abia, A. and E. Asuquo, 2006. Lead (II) and nickel (II) adsorption kinetics from aqueous metal solutions using chemically modified and unmodified agricultural adsorbents. African Journal of Biotechnology, 5(16).
14. Ard, C.S., 2002. Removal of Heavy Metals from wastewater by Adsorption using Chitosan.
15. Keleşoğlu, S., Comparative adsorption studies of heavy metal ions on chitin and chitosan biopolymers, 2007, Izmir Institute of Technology.
16. Logeswari, A., S. Mano, A. Merly Xavier, M. Thirumarimurugan and T. Kannadasan, 2013. Removal of chromium from synthetic tannery effluent by using bioadsorbents. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and food technology, 3: 72-76.
17. Kumar, U. and M. Bandyopadhyay, 2006. Fixed bed column study for Cd (II) removal from wastewater using treated rice husk. Journal of hazardous materials, 129(1): 253-259.
18. Singh, S. and A. Singh, 2012. Treatment of water containg chromium (VI) using rice husk carbon as a newlow cost adsorbent. International Journal of Environmental Research, 6(4): 917-924.
19. Sumathi, K., S. Mahimairaja and R. Naidu, 2005. Use of low-cost biological wastes and vermiculite for removal of chromium from tannery effluent. Bioresource technology, 96(3): 309-316.
20. Malik, P.K., 2003. Use of activated carbons prepared from sawdust and rice-husk for adsorption of acid dyes: a case study of Acid Yellow 36. Dyes and pigments, 56(3): 239-249.
21. Memon, J.R., S.Q. Memon, M.I. Bhanger and M.Y. Khuhawar, 2008. Banana peel: a green and economical sorbent for Cr (III) removal. Pak J Anal Environ Chem, 9(1): 20-25.
22. Moghadam, M.R., N. Nasirizadeh, Z. Dashti and E. Babanezhad, 2013. Removal of Fe (II) from aqueous solution using pomegranate peel carbon: equilibrium and kinetic studies. International Journal of Industrial Chemistry, 4(1): 1-6.
23. Kennedy, L.J., J.J. Vijaya and G. Sekaran, 2004. Effect of two- stage process on the preparation and characterization of porous carbon composite from rice husk by phosphoric acid activation. Industrial & engineering chemistry research, 43(8): 1832-1838.
24. Dhungana, T. and P. Yadav, 2009. Determination of chromium in tannery effluent and study of adsorption of Cr (VI) on saw dust and charcoal from sugarcane bagasses. Journal of Nepal Chemical Society, 23: 93-101.
25. El-Ashtoukhy, E.-S., N. Amin and O. Abdelwahab, 2008. Removal of lead (II) and copper (II) from aqueous solution using pomegranate peel as a new adsorbent. Desalination, 223(1): 162-173.
26. Ho, Y.-S., 2003. Removal of copper ions from aqueous solution by tree fern. Water Research, 37(10): 2323-2330.
27. Girard, J.E. and J. Girard, Principles of environmental chemistry2014: Jones & Bartlett Publishers.